The staff of Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital congratulate Maritza and John on the birth of their beautiful daughter, Izabella Leonor.
Born: November 18, 2012 6:17 am
Weight: 6 pounds 14 ounces
Length: 20 inches
Maritza and John have chosen the name Izabella Leonor for their beautiful new daughter
Original Meaning: "Pledged to God"
- Loaf of Bread: $2.49
- Gallon of Milk: $3.85
- First Class Stamp: $0.45
- Gallon of gasoline: $3.75
- New Car: $21750.00
- Average New Home: $320000.00
- Hospital Room: $0.00
- Grass Valley: 13000
- U.S. Population: 312690974
- Sunrise: :00 am
- Sunset: :00 pm
- Local high: 53 degrees F
- Local low: 48 degrees F
- The nation's weather extremes were degrees recorded at and at
Other Interesting People Born on this Date:
- 1901 - George Gallup - American pollster whose Gallup Poll was the most recognized and watched public opinion sample survey organization of the 20th Century.
- 1923 - Alan B. Shepard, Jr. -One of America's first astronauts and the first American to travel in space - doing so aboard Freedom 7 on May 5, 1961.
Other Notable Events on this Day in History:
- 1883 - The Standard Time program, which broke the country into time zones, was placed into effect in the United States. Before this, many communities only a few miles from each other ran on different times.
- 1913 - Just a decade after the Wright Brothers made the first powered flight, daredevils like Lincoln Beachey were pushing the limits of the new technology. This day he performed the first successful loop-the-loop.
- 1929 - Lieutenant Commander Richard Byrd and three other explorers were the first to attain the South Pole, flying over it in a Ford Tri-Motor at 8:55 a.m.
- 1942 - The U.S. government began rationing coffee. Limits on the amount of coffee a consumer could buy would continue in effect through the end of World War II.
- 1963 - The first touch tone telephones were put into service by Western Electric as an optional replacement for the long used rotary dial systems.