The staff of Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital congratulate Christina and Greg on the birth of their beautiful daughter, Eva Cristina.
Born: October 14, 2012 3:28 am
Weight: 6 pounds 7 ounces
Length: 19.5 inches
Christina and Greg have chosen the name Eva Cristina for their beautiful new daughter
Original Meaning: Root: Evangalina - "Bearer of good news"
- Loaf of Bread: $2.49
- Gallon of Milk: $3.85
- First Class Stamp: $0.45
- Gallon of gasoline: $4.58
- New Car: $21750.00
- Average New Home: $320000.00
- Hospital Room: $0.00
- Grass Valley: 13000
- U.S. Population: 312551394
- Sunrise: :00 am
- Sunset: :00 pm
- Local high: 75 degrees F
- Local low: 53 degrees F
- The nation's weather extremes were degrees recorded at and at
Other Interesting People Born on this Date:
- 1644 - William Penn - English religious leader who founded the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania as a refuge for Quakers and other religious minorities of Europe.
- 1857 - Elwood Haynes - American inventor who built one of the first automobiles and claimed to have received the first traffic ticket in it. The car is exhibited at the Smithsonian as the oldest surviving American-made automobile.
- 1873 - Ray C. Ewry- American athlete who overcame polio to become the only athlete ever to win eight individual gold medals in the modern Olympic Games.
- 1890 - Dwight D. Eisenhower - Five Star General who as supreme commander directed Allied forces to victory in World War II and who became the 34th President of the United States.
Other Notable Events on this Day in History:
- 1947 - Chuck Yeager, aboard the rocket-powered experimental aircraft X-1, became the first human to travel faster than the speed of sound.
- 1960 - Senator John Kennedy first expressed the idea of a Peace Corps during a campaign speech to students, a year later the all volunteer corps had become a reality.