The staff of Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital congratulate Stephanie and Jason on the birth of their beautiful son, Gabriel Ellis.
Born: October 9, 2012 9:59 am
Weight: 8 pounds 7 ounces
Length: 21 inches
Stephanie and Jason have chosen the name Gabriel Ellis for their beautiful new son
Origin: Hebrew, English
Original Meaning: God is my strength
- Loaf of Bread: $2.49
- Gallon of Milk: $3.85
- First Class Stamp: $0.45
- Gallon of gasoline: $4.58
- New Car: $21750.00
- Average New Home: $320000.00
- Hospital Room: $0.00
- Grass Valley: 13000
- U.S. Population: 312531454
- Sunrise: :00 am
- Sunset: :00 pm
- Local high: 71 degrees F
- Local low: 51 degrees F
- The nation's weather extremes were degrees recorded at and at
Other Interesting People Born on this Date:
- 1860 - Leonard Wood - American Army Officer, physician, Governor General of the Philippines, and candidate for the Republican presidential nomination in 1920.
- 1873 - Charles Walgreen -American pharmacist and innovator who created the concept of the modern drugstore, and founded the largest drugstore chain in the U.S.
- 1890 - Aimee Semple McPherson - Highly theatrical evangelist who pioneered preaching on the radio and through that became wealthy, famous, and controversial.
- 1891 - Otto Schnering - American entrepreneur and candy manufacturer who founded the Curtiss Candy Co. and introduced Baby Ruth and Butterfinger candy bars to the world.
- 1940 - John Lennon - Lead singer and songwriter for the world's most commercially successful rock and roll band - the Beatles.
Other Notable Events on this Day in History:
- 1701 - The Collegiate School of Connecticut, known today as Yale University, was chartered in New Haven, Connecticut.
- 1855 - Isaac Singer received a patent for the sewing machine motor, a device that greatly increased the productivity of garment workers and home hobbyists everywhere.
- 1872 - Aaron Montgomery initiated a new marketing technique with the release of the his first catalog. It was so successful that it resulted in the huge Montgomery Ward catalog and stores.
- 1946 - The Simmons Company of Petersburg, Virginia, introduced the first electric blanket, suggested retail price $39.50.