The staff of Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital congratulate Michelle and Pierre on the birth of their beautiful daughter, AILI Rose.
Born: October 8, 2012 1:37 am
Weight: 6 pounds 13 ounces
Length: 20 inches
Michelle and Pierre have chosen the name AILI Rose for their beautiful new daughter
Original Meaning: "Light bearer"
- Loaf of Bread: $2.49
- Gallon of Milk: $3.85
- First Class Stamp: $0.45
- Gallon of gasoline: $4.15
- New Car: $21750.00
- Average New Home: $320000.00
- Hospital Room: $0.00
- Grass Valley: 13000
- U.S. Population: 312527466
- Sunrise: :00 am
- Sunset: :00 pm
- Local high: 71 degrees F
- Local low: 37 degrees F
- The nation's weather extremes were degrees recorded at and at
Other Interesting People Born on this Date:
- 1846 - Elbert Henry Gary - American lawyer and first chairman and CEO of U.S. Steel who introduced employee stock ownership, profit sharing and safe working conditions.
- 1869 - J. Frank Duryea- Inventor who, with brother Charles, of one of the first automobiles and the first to be built and operated in the United States - in September, 1893.
- 1890 - Eddie Rickenbacker - Fighter pilot, industrialist, and the most celebrated American air ace of World War I having won 26 air victories in Europe.
- 1922 - Dr. Christiaan Barnard - South African surgical pioneer who performed the first successful heart transplant in 1967.
Other Notable Events on this Day in History:
- 1890 - In one of history's most incredible solo military actions, U.S. Army foot-soldier Alvin York single-handedly took out a German machine gun emplacement, killed 25 enemy soldiers and captured 132.
- 1956 - New York Yankee pitcher Donald Larsen, recorded the first ever perfect world series game, no hits, no runs and no walks in a 2 - 1 win over the Brooklyn Dodgers.