Technology and experience come together with 24-hour care
Fifty years of experience and improving technology come together in our Surgery Department to make for outstanding results in a wide range of surgical procedures – all backed up by 24-hour hospital care. The department now performs nearly 4,500 surgeries in a typical year. Because we value patient comfort, we employ advanced techniques that are less invasive and get patients home and healing faster than ever. For example, patients who once had to spend seven to 10 days hospitalized after a colon resection often go home the day after their surgery, thanks to a laparoscopic assisted procedure now in use. All this is done with meticulous attention to safety: our surgery department’s infection rate remains lower than the national average.
Procedures include: endoscopy, orthopedics, general surgery, gynecological, urology, ear-nose-throat, obstetrical, vascular and dental (including pediatric).
Among our state-of-the-art special services are:
- Laser assisted urological and gynecological procedures
- Minimally-invasive orthopedic procedures
- Laparoscopic colon resections (also diverticulitis and Crohn’s Disease)
- Brachytherapy (radioactive seed implants) for oncology treatment
- Kyphoplasty (pain reduction procedure for spinal fractures)